Friday 28 September 2012

Another little hole in my heart

Hello lovelies!

Today we have a mani that had been bouncing around in my head for a while, and then I found the reason to do it - an Instagram comp!

Cut-out Hearts
I tried to do this a couple of ways, the first being placing a heart shaped sticker on my nails, but I couldn't quite work out the logistics of it, so I did it the old-fashioned way - just painted the shape!

Cut-out hearts with stupid hashtag

Please ignore the stupid hashtag on my hand, this was just one of the better pics - I have sine gotten better at pics, I swear! :)
The competition revolved around glitter placement (hence the hashtag), and I just knew that these would be gorgeous with a glitter border to really finish them off.

What I used:
Revlon 'cotton candy'
OPI 'a grape fit'
Nicole by OPI 'Make u smile'

Cotton candy is a beautiful sheer nude with gold and pink shimmer throughout, so I knew it would be perfect as a base for the cut-out portion. A complete pain to apply - streaky, and not very self-levelling, but worth it for the effect, I reckon. Also, scented! Woo!

I have  tute for these nails coming up as well, so if you'd like to see how I did these, stick around!

Thanks for stopping by,
xNai

2 comments:

I would love to hear what you think about my nails/posts, so feel free to leave a comment!

Please do not use comments to advertise or spam. Links to blogs or other sites without specific purpose will not be published.

All comments are moderated (this way I know I've read every one), so your comment may not appear right away.

xNai