Friday 28 September 2012

Cut Out Hearts

Hi everyone!
Welcome to my first tutorial!
Today I'm going to show you how I achieved the cut out heart effect I created here.


First paint your nails with your base coat and colour. This colour will be the one that shows through the cut out.
I have used Revlon 'cotton candy' for a shimmery almost nude effect.



Using the second, darker, colour place two dots vertically in the centre of the nail. I've used OPI's 'a grape fit' for my positive space.
These will act as markers for the 'points' on the heart.


Using a thin striper brush, or a striper polish if you prefer, paint out one side of the heart, connecting the two dots.

Repeat step 3 for the other half of the heart

Using the same small brush, begin to fill in the space around the cuticle end of the heart carefully.
Continue the colouring up the sides.


Fill in the rest of the positive space with the darker colour, and voila! a beautiful cut out heart.
Don't forget clean up and top coat, and you're done!

I would love to see your version of this design, so feel free to leave me a link to your attempt in the comments!

As Always,
xNai