Friday 21 September 2012

The Deathly Hallows

Greetings!

Today I have for you a mani that I had been waiting a while to do, as I didn't have all the required polishes to make it look as good on the nail as it did in my imagination (as it is, the gold didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped, and I'll be revisiting this one day now that I have a real gold).

HARRY POTTER NAILS. 

One thing you need to know about me before we continue in this relationship is that I am an avid PotterHead. Ask me anything, and odds are I'll know the answer.
I make random oblique and obscure references not just to the books and movies (though a lesser extent), but also to AVPM and AVPS which are fan made parody musicals, extra books published (like The Tales of Beedle the Bard), and the like. If I could, I would get a Deathly Hallows tatt, and walk around with my wand shouting enchantments and curses at people.
As it is, it's always very frustrating when I can't Crucio the odd, well deserving, person...or at the very least Silencio the sucker.

As such, these nails had been a LONG time coming, and I am so flingin' flangin' happy with the result.
In fact, I loved them so much, that I kept them on for at least a week, chipping be damned!

On both hands I did stylised house colours, replicating the way each house crest is formatted.
House colours
 On my left thumb I dud a stylised Hogwarts crest
Hogwarts Crest
And the right thumb featured the Deathly Hallows
The Deathly Hallows

Hope you enjoyed these as much as I did, and still do for that matter..:)
xNai