Friday 26 October 2012

The best wiz and witchard o' their age!

Hello there lovelies!
So, as I have previously mentioned, I'm just a little bit of a PotterHead...Just a touch of the mania..:)
So for today's nails, as it is the 26th of October, and the day for witches in the This Is Halloween Challenge, I decided to recreate one of my very favourite Potter manis: The Final Battle.

The Final Battle

These nails depict the last and intense battle between Voldemort (that's right, I'm a badass. Fear of the name only increases fear of the thing itself...) and Harry. It's a movie reference rather than a book reference, because I don't believe this is what JK would have been picturing, and nor is it what I picture...ANYWAY.
I first saw these nails on @trincess on Instagram, and instantly fell in love with them. OMFG, they're glorious!
Granted mine aren't quite as insanely cool, but I think I did a decent job considering I'm not actually an artist...:)

On the thumb I did the Deathly Hallows:
Deathly Hallows

And on the other hand, I did the house colours and stylised crest again. This is the first halloween mani I've done for both hands, and how could I not? It's Harry!

House Colours and Crest
What I used (prepare for a long list...):

For the Final Battle:
essence 'black is back', 'LIME UP!', 'fateful desire', and 'fame fatal'.
ulta3 'frog prince', 'banana split', 'lemon', and 'mango mayhem'.

For the Deathly Hallows and Right Hand:
essence 'black is back', 'fame fatal'
ulta3 'banana split'
Revlon 'Metallic', 'Emerald', 'Royal'.
Chi Chi 'Glamourama', and 'Bronze Ambition'


Anywho, I hope you enjoy these as much as I genuinely did making them!
As always, thanks for stopping by!
xNai

                                           

8 comments:

  1. Awesome! I think your final battle looks really great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did an awesome job on the final battle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, soo much! Kind of sad there's no more releases to look forward to- I would definitely recreate this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I know, it's actually heartbreaking. Thankfully there's still Pottermore, and am currently reading The Casual Vacancy - nowhere near enough, but it'll have to do...:)

      Delete

I would love to hear what you think about my nails/posts, so feel free to leave a comment!

Please do not use comments to advertise or spam. Links to blogs or other sites without specific purpose will not be published.

All comments are moderated (this way I know I've read every one), so your comment may not appear right away.

xNai