Saturday 29 December 2012

No way, Monet!

Hello again!
I'm now officially back in the country, and though I'm sad to have left not only my friends behind, but the beautiful beaches etc, I'm glad to be home!

Today I have a swatch, and some awesome nails to boot.

This is 'Navigate Her' by essie, and it is a gorgeous sagey, avocado-y green. I received this in my first ever NailMail from my Floridian nail buddy, Nat. We do swaps every now and then, and as I had requested essies (never having had one before), she came through with this.
It needed two thin coats for full opacity. There was a bit of dragging and balding in the first coat, but easily remedied by the second. Isn't it a stunner?

With this gorgeous green, I decided to do a watercolour effect.

You can see an excellent tutorial for this effect here.

Unfortunately I can't remember which other colours I used for this design, my apologies readers! I should really have been writing these things down, but at that time I hadn't even dreamt of a blog!

Thanks for stopping by,
xNai